Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a huge problem!

I recently took my pc apart to clean it up a bit and well, when I put everything together again I can't get my audio and network drivers to install correctly.

I install my audio driver and I then reboot, but when it's restarted, the audio troubleshooter still tells me that I should install the drivers even though I just did?
Same with my network driver. I install my chipset driver and when I want to install my network driver afterwards it tells me that there are no chipset drivers present?

I've formated and installed windows twice and it still won't install the drivers correctly.

My specs:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3 Revision
8GB RAM
i7 2600k
nVidia ENGTX275 graphics card
1T HDD

I've downloaded new drivers from the Asus website and it still won't install, I cant go on the internet and my audio doesn't work untill the drivers are working:sad: . I have no idea what to do or what caused this. If anyone have any ideas please share them! Thank you. :smile:

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF please go to device manager and check which devices have error flags against them ie A yellow ! or red X and post the info next when you started to install the drivers did you start with the chipset,audio,video,lan\network,wifi (if applicable)then any others

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thank you and thanx for the reply.

I checked the device manager and there are no flags next to anything.

I used the Asus install to install the chipset driver first, I then went into the disc content and tried to install the network/intel gigabit drivers but it gave me this error "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"? And I already installed the drivers?
I installed the audio drivers aswell but my pc won't pick up anything?

So yeah haha this is a first for me and I have no idea what to do.

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Ok so what does it show in device manager as network adapter if you click on the + next to it and expand the view then right click on the device and choose properties then the details tab

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no network adapter + but instead a "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers".

Iv'e attached a picture of the device manager, not great quality as it's from my mobile phone and it's the only device with connection atm. Sry.

Attachments

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Ok in device manager at the top of the page click on view then show hidden devices just in case it is hidden

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that showed it. Here is a picture.

As it shows no flags or errors but I think the main problem might still be the chipset driver because I get the error that the network driver can't find the chipset drivers when I try to install?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've downloaded and tried that first one after the files on the cd I got with the motherboard didn't work. I also tried the LAN and Audio files on the website, but I still got the same issues and errors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.