Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I moved to a new house and set up a home network, the router is downstairs in the office and I connect to the network from upstairs in my bedroom. I use a Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter to connect to the network. When I first started using it, it worked fine. However recently it has been misbehaving. Usually when I boot up it automatically connects to the network, but recently when I have booted up Windows tells me that the wireless adapter needs to be installed and it brings up the "Hardware Installation Wizard". I put up with this for a while but I finally decided to try and do something, so I phoned up their customer support and got about as much help from them as a monkey could of provided. I went into the Device Manager and looked at the network adapters section and saw that my network adapter had a #7 next to it, thinking this might be the problem I clicked View > Show hidden devices, I was then shown this:

I managed to get them all uninstalled and reinstalled just 1. Thought everything was fine and dandy. I just had to reboot and sadly Windows was telling me to install my network adapter.

I'm getting incredibly frustrated now, I have even tried formatting with my trusty "eMachines Recovery Disc" but this only provided the same error whilst emptying half of my hard drive.

I also started receiving warning messages sometimes when I plugged in the adapter saying "Unkown Device." and some other times "This device can perform faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 port." when it is already plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

If you could help me solve the problem I would be very thankful.

I'm currently using:

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=179211

If there is any more information I can give you please ask.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.