Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 computers on my home lan, I'll call them A, B & C.
A & B behave perfectly; but when I turn C on it makes B virtually unusable - the mouse moves very slowly/jumps, etc and it takes an age to open any programs - however, A is not affected at all, and C can access the internet and lan with no problems either. I am at a complete loss to understand this :4-dontkno .I have tried 2 routers (1 brand new) and a different cable - no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's always the same one (B) that has the problem, but only with C and not A. I don't know much about networking, but it strikes me as very weird. Other than this B is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I would take a look at the processes on B and see if anything is hogging your CPU time. Click the CPU tab once, then twice to get the process, that is taking up most of your processing power, to be first on the list.

Did you try using a new network card? Did you make sure your network card drivers are updated?

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Time for spyware/malware scans, that's the classic symptom of an infected computer. Do you see lots of activity from the problem computer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.