Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just installed a new hd with fresh xp install in my tower, because i some how hosed my other win xp install. and i was upgradeing from ide to sata. and need to know how to get all the passcard/password info and bookmarks from the old hd to the new one. where do i look and what do i copy to transfer it over.
thanks

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, after noone seeming to know, i had to do some very long googling, and found what to do for netscape 4 or5. but it was close enouph to point me in the right direction and now i have all my old bookmarks back. sence noone else knows, here is what i found out. first tell windows to show hidden files and folders. open netscape, goto manage bookmarks in the bookmarks menu. then goto file->import. tell it file, and then point it to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Netscape\NSB\Profiles\b2hid1pc.default and select the bookmarks.htm file and click ok. there you go, now all the bookmarks that were in the other netscape install are now in the current install. as far as the passwords and longin infor saved, i haven't found that yet. which is a good thing. hate to know that passwords would be easy to get.

·
Registered
560 Posts
sinclair_tm said:
as far as the passwords and longin infor saved, i haven't found that yet. which is a good thing. hate to know that passwords would be easy to get.
If the Netscape structure is anything like Firefox (which I believe it is), from your Profile folder copy and paste:- key3.db and signons.txt, that should restore your password data.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.