Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Windows XP machine in a Windows 2000 network. Everytime the Windows XP machine reboots it gets these errors:

Netlogon 5719 & w32time 14

I have been researching these errors for a while and I am lost. The computer has full functionality, except when logged onto the database on a remote computer for long periods of time, and does not give errors when logging on.

However if you go into the event viewer after booting up there is 1 Netlogon event and 3 w32time events.

I have tried updating the NIC driver, replacing the NIC, switching ports on the switch, extending the netlogon timeout time, and disabling the spanning tree algorithm on the port.

I need to fix this issue before we have a bigger issue. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The description for the 5719 is "No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain %1. The following error occured: %2"

The description for the 14 is "The time provider NtpClient was unable to find a domain controller to use as a time source. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp"

There is a domain controller available. There are 50+ computers all logging onto the domain and there are several machines having the issue. However the other two are sporadic. This one is very consistent with every reboot or boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.