Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a netgear usb wireless receiver and router. Where the router is, there is no firewall and I can get online with no problem.
When I go to the computer with the wireless receiver, WindowsXP reports that there is a wireless connection and it is sending, but not receiving...
I can not get online with this computer. It says the connection is very good??? I have to uncheck the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network seetings" box in order to use the Netgear software. When I try to "repair", it cannot find an IP address and assigns an automatic connection, etc. Also, under my Lan settings in the Options window of IE, I have chosen to Automatically detect settings. Since I am new at this, I don't really know where to go from here. Also, there are no conflicts or problems in the Device Manager.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help,
Joe Raza :)

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Start with the version and patch level of Windows. In IE under LAN settings, uncheck ALL the items.

Try this stack reset for the machine, it must be running XP-SP2 for this to work.

For this command, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]

Note: the log_file_name needs to be specified, e.g. netsh int ip reset reset.log

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wireless networking...

I reconfigured the entire network. Windows was interfering with Netgear and I had to disable Windows from managing the network and allow Netgear's software to manage it. Also, from the Netgear router, I had to allow each wireless computer access.

Thanks for everyone's help...
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.