Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently purchased an Acer EeePC 1005H for my girlfriend and I. We're running Windows XP, and at first we could just close the lid, it would go on standby, then when we opened the lid it would be at the account log in screen. But as of late, whenever we close the lid, then open it back up, it's stuck on the "Preparing To Standby" screen. No inputs will respond except the power switch, which we have to hold for 5 seconds to shut it down and start it back up. The same issue comes up when we manually go to Start>Turn Off Computer>Standby.

Well, I hope someone has some suggestions or words of advice. I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Romaru -

Just wanted to let you know I couldn't find a fix, so I just backed everything up to my external drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7. Everything works great now, Standby is actually much faster now with the new version.

And as an added bonus, you get rid of all that extraneous Asus crapware. I just reinstalled the Asus Tray (for the Fn buttons) and the touchpad drivers.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Romaru -

Just wanted to let you know I couldn't find a fix, so I just backed everything up to my external drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7. Everything works great now, Standby is actually much faster now with the new version.

And as an added bonus, you get rid of all that extraneous Asus crapware. I just reinstalled the Asus Tray (for the Fn buttons) and the touchpad drivers.

Cheers
Sadly, I don't have Windows Xp recovery disk. Also, I created some from the Viao recovery program on my laptop. Still, it refuses to complete. I get to the second disk then it cancels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.