Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ive had a problem with this ever since i first tried installing .Net framework 4. When i try to install it a few minutes later it rolls back the installation and gives me a message saying "Net framework did not install" due to a fatal error. I tried everything, clean up my %temp% folder, run as an admin, clean up my framework 4 files, use Ccleaner and yet no success, its getting beyond frustrating. :sigh:
I would really appreciate if you guys would help me fix this once and for all.
Thanks!
Codevert.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi CodeVert and Welcome to TSF,

Are you trying to update from an existing version of .Net framework, if so, which one?

As a general tip I would advice you to completely uninstall the .Net framework from your machine. Download the .Net Framework 4 Full Installer from Microsofts webpage and start the installation again. That way you get a clean install of the applications with no processes hindering it to proceed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried doing both methods, both appear to not work.
I used both the full and the update installer.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
IT-Barry said:
This link was already given and did not work. There are a lot of weird installation errors with .net, some are really hard to solve, as so many applications holds that process locked.

I would advise you to do one more thing:

Go to start > search > type "msconfig" > hit enter.
Go to the Services tab > disable all services , even Microsoft services > reboot.

This will give you a few errors upon startup, but nothing to worry about, we'll reactivate those later. It's just to make sure nothing is locking down .net.

Then uninstall .net > reboot > reinstall with full installer

If problem still persist, I would recommend you to contact Microsoft.
Or if time difference allows it, PM me and we can schedule a remote desktop session, so I can have a further look at it, free of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.