Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please, I need your advice. I have vital issue of searching information on computer and in local network. I tried several programs - some do not provide satisfy search results, some are not handy to use, and some are too slow. Did anyone were interested in that kind of problem and can you advise something? Please, support your suggestions with facts.

the most recommended programs are:
-google desktop search
-copernic desktop search
-isys desktop

please, help me to choose...

Google Desktop Search can index and search documents in text formats, as well as mail, audio and video files tags and images. To be remembered: in order to show the application which files and folders to index, you have to install an additional component gdetweak. Without this add-in Google Desktop Search will index the whole information on user computer and in the network of the enterprise that it can access. Google Desktop Search by right features the most user friendly interface. But the only way to fine tune the application is to install additional components. This is a major disadvantage. The promised search of documents with a similar content (in the Internet originally positioned as similar pages) is quite wretched.
Now I’m testing *** ad link removed ***It looks good to me…
I’ll post my imho later…

well, i decided to tryfirst. Tool - is not bad. It can index and search documents in text formats, as well as mail, audio and video files tags and images. Copernic Desktop Search by right features the most user friendly interface. But this tool can't search through *.chm files, for example. Big index file and process not very fast. And there is no LAN support.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
I suspect this is something that you'll have to do for yourself.

You didn't provide any specifics about what your real needs are, you also didn't provide any "facts" about specific applications and why they were unsuitable.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
I see you're up to your usual SPAM after the phony request for search engine information, why not take it somewhere else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.