Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting 17-20 fps on counter strike source using the nvidia7025/nforce630 integrated video card. I would like to get 35+ fps and would like to know what video cards would be compatible with my msi mobo. I have an amd X4 640 cpu with 4 gigs of ddr3. Any ideas will be appreciated!

·
Registered
720 Posts
As Moderators here would tell you, most PSU's, if not all, that come with cases are low quality ones, so it should be replaced. The amount of wattage will be determined once we have the video card selected. But generally you should be looking for Corsair-SeaSonic-XFX PSU's.

What's your budget?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I bought the evga gt 440 video card. When I received it, I couldn't get it to display. After trying everything the instructions said to do, I called tech support for evga. The piece of s*** power supply that came with my case puts out a whopping 8 amps on +12v, my vid card needs 22 amps! So, I bought the XFX Pro550 power supply that was recommended. Now everything is working just fine. By the way, I just have to tell you that my 16oz glass of ice tea weighs more than the stock power supply! My sincere Thank You for all of your suggestions and advice, especially Wrench97!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.