Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. I've looked and looked but nowhere can I find any information on replacing a (broken) fixed window on the rear door of a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 door sedan.

Even non-brand or model specific information would be helpful; barring differences in trim, most 'fixed'-type windows I've looked at appear to be installed with certain things in common-the biggest one that thick black gooey (adhesive/sealant ?) stuff...it looks to me very similar, if not identical, to that which is used to install windshields.

I'd be grateful for any information or help, many thanks in advance!

·
Enthusiast
2,865 Posts
Im not sure of that particular vehicle but most fixed windows are put in with the molding and the window at the same time.
A very difficult thing to do to say the least.
Breakage is a real good possibility and can get expensive pretty quick.
Unless you really want to try this I would suggest having it done by some one who does it often and if he breaks it, then he pays for it the second time.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Its not all that hard to do if you are a wrench head, the money it cost to have somebody else do it for you is worth the work. Not sure if its a power window or not, even if it is the glued in window they are not that hard to replace. If you have da time or gumption to do it? Let me know, I learned from doing it really so I'm not sure there is a step by step instruction of it. Being around cars and working in a glass shop i have fixed my share.
Here is a link the guy is replacing the window motor so some of the steps are not used, others are missing.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_the_power_window_motor_in_a_2002_Chevy_Cavalier

Also the local auto parts store sells Chilton manuals that will show you how too(well worth the money if you don't have to pay somebody else to do it!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.