Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to find video card capable of 1440 x 900 Resolution

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheMatt 
#1 ·
Hi:

I have a 5 year old computer that I have been in the process of upgrading. I presently have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 Pro 32 MB SDRAM AGP video card that has a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768.

My computer is a HP Pavilion 7955 with Intel Pent 4 at 1.5 gigs with 1.25 gig of SDRAM. Operating system Windows XP.

I just purchased a ViewSonic 19" widescreen HD monitor that requires a resolution setting of 1440 x 900.

Are there updated downloads for new drivers that will cure this problem or do I need to purchase another video card?

If I need a new card, what will get me to where I need to be at a resonable cost?

Please help, I'm lost on this one. When I have checked websites regarding various video cards I have received conflicting information.

Thank You So Much!!!!

#2 ·
Hi John,

Most modern video cards support that resolution, and newer NVIDIA video cards can add custom resolutions. First check that your current card can support higher resolutions, I remember that those cards had higher resolutions. Try the new monitor with the card, as it might detect the new resolution as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.