Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum; there doesn't seem to be a "removable media related to operating systems" category...

I'm looking to get replacements for the system restore disks provided with my VPR Matrix (Best Buy) 2020 desktop. I've contacted Best Buy, and they seemed confused by the concept; I contacted Geek Squad, and they referred me to the Best Buy store...so, I'm out of luck there. Does anyone know where I might go about getting these?

Alternatively, might my computer have a hidden partition with the restore information, and if so, how would I access it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Two points,

in the first instance contact these guys.

http://www.vprmatrix.com/customer_desktops_2020.asp

In the mean time turn off your PC and restart it, during the restart procedure hold down CTRL + F11 if you have a resrtore partition on your PC this will invoke the restore procedure.

Note: The key sequence CTRL + F11 is becoming the standard but is not always the case. Consult your PC hand book for more details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The number listed on vprmatrix.com was the first one I called; it redirects you to 888-BESTBUY, who, in turn, don't know what restore discs even are. I'll try Ctrl+F11, though. Thanks for the advice.

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
I called the number provided which transfered me to Best Buy, from there transfered to "Parts". The Serviceperson there informed me that there is a a Restore Disk available for this model for $30.06, and can be ordered directly through him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.