Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have one installed on my computer in order to play some 3D Shockwave games but I really don't know anything about them. I'm running a Windows XP machine with 512mb of RAM and a 120GB hard drive.

Are these fairly easy to install or should I have it professionally done? Also any idea on the approximate price range for something decent? I'm not looking for top of the line just decent. I don't do any major computer gaming just some little online stuff.

Thanks a bunch and feel free to ask me for more information if you need it.

-Zelda ;)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
A lot would depend on your machine and what it would support.
1. What make and model is you system Dell, HP ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HP Pavillion

It is an HP Pavillion

what else about it would you like to know?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really sure about he series or model number it just says (in my system properties)

Hewlett_Packard
Pavillion
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
2.00 GHz, 480MB of Ram

model # might be on the back of the machine I guess but I'd have to take it all apart ot get that. Is there any other way to look it up?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wait I just found somethint way at the bottom I didn't see before it is
HP Pavillion 733n

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
If it's a ShockWave game then you don't need a 3D accelerator card as it's all done in software rendering. The important thing is a fast CPU which I've yet to find in an HP.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The info here HP Pavillion 733n shows that it has an AGP slot. If you would On the motherboard between the agp Slot and the processer ther should be a MOD number on the board Like ( MS-####).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.