Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a PC and I'm looking for a free video editor. I want to take my Zoom videos and 1. cut them and clean them up for a long piece, and 2. Take out sections or snippets that I can post on social media individually.
I have tried the YouTube editor but it doesn't seem suited to the small pieces because every time I isolate a 2-3 min. section, I have to wait for the program to process the entire 1 1/2 hr. video. I started using OpenShot Video Editor, which allows me to isolate short clips and export them easily, but it has a serious lag issue. Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

·
Global Moderator
42,228 Posts
You will be hard pressed to find a Free unlimited version without ads or malware

·
Registered
27 Posts
You failed to mention your PC specs and OS version so we have to guess. If you're using Windows 10 it has built-in video editing software (Microsoft Photos App) which has a video editor.

Optionally you can use an older version of Windows Movie Maker which is a part of Windows Essentials 2012 that used to come installed with Windows XP. I've used it in the past and it's pretty good for basic editing.

spunk.funk is right - you won't find any free video editors that aren't crammed with ads and limit the length of video you can use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts