Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened..But my sound suddenly just stopped playing, then i tried to install windows media player, and my computer froze, now when i try start it up, it says "Please insert support CD into a IDE CD-Rom Drive and press Enter to boot"

Know idea what to do...

I can't enter bios or anything, it just keeps coming up with that message

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
We need more info:

Computer make/model

Have you added/removed any hardware lately?

SWAG (Stupid, Wild-A** Guess) - Hard drive failure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Intel

Auss p4s800-mx motherboard.

I havn't removed anything this morning when it broke, i just tried to install windows media player, and my whole computer froze, so i turned it off at the switch, turned it back on, and it keeps saying this message

i'm sorry if it's all rushed, i don't have much time..I'm not meant to be on this computer, seeing as it's my brother, and he hates people going on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edit: I just unplugged everything and let stuff cool down, and now i restarted it, it got past that error stage, it showed the 'ASUS' logo, then it just has a little white line flashing in the top left corner of the screen

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Edit: I just unplugged everything and let stuff cool down, and now i restarted it, it got past that error stage, it showed the 'ASUS' logo, then it just has a little white line flashing in the top left corner of the screen
Something (most likely the CPU) is overheating. Have your brother remove the CPU Heatsink/Fan combo and re-apply thermal compund between it and the CPU. Install it again, making sure it's kept horizontal, lock the heatsink into place and test.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something (most likely the CPU) is overheating. Have your brother remove the CPU Heatsink/Fan combo and re-apply thermal compund between it and the CPU. Install it again, making sure it's kept horizontal, lock the heatsink into place and test.
Ok, i'll give it ago

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.