Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

As you know, since flash isn't supported on Win7, my current HP 6310xi All-In-One Printer no longer functions as the HP Solution Software needs flash to operate. I was looking at the Epson Eco Tank All-In-One Printers which doesn't require flash. I don't want to upgrade to Win10. What do you think?

Tnx in Advance for any help/suggestions you can give me.

Jim

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,408 Posts
You're already using a risky OS so keeping Flash is taking no more chances than the rest of your set-up. Rather than buying a new printer, there are Adobe Flash replacements, but I don't know if they would work for your printer.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,123 Posts
As stated, Windows 7 has not been supported by Microsoft for over 2 years now. Meaning, there are no updates and as stated, you are vulnerable to attack. Installing a new printer on an old OS will be problematic as it will also not be supported.
Here are some solutions to HP Solution Software How do I run HP Solution Center without Flash Player

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,879 Posts
As everyone else has suggested trying to go forward on a pc that is a target for Malware makes very little sense unless your pc was to be kept off the Internet. You primary security is not Antivirus programs it is Windows Updates which ended over 2 years ago so please be aware everytime you go on the internet you are a target and completely unprotected, and unprotectable.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,505 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.