Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I need a manual because i have knocked off the wiring that goes from the front of the pc to the motherboard and speaker.
The name of this motherboard i think is ASSEM, other than the name i have only a few numbers, which are 3892A784, GAGUMA+ REV3 [ O727 ]which were on the board near to the name.
There is very small writting next to the connection points but its not to clear or isn't not very explainable and i don't want to run the risk of wiring it the wrong way.
I have been searching for hours on the internet but haven't com up with anything yet.
I hope someone can help.
Thanks,
Tuby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply but the machine isn't going yet, but a very good suggestion though.
Makes me wonder why is it so hard to find the serial numbers and the make, i had the same trouble with my other board as well, i punched in google ASSEM
but there was a lot of talk about the name but only one that appeared to be a homepage that was in another language, beats me.
Tuby

·
retired
1,966 Posts
Look on the mobo for a big square chip (not the CPU) and post the name thats written on it, it may also be found on top of a small heatsink. Some mobo manufacturers put their ID on a sticker and place it on a chip too.

There are almost 500 mobo manufacturers, so it may be a name or letters.

btw, assem is not a manufacturer name.

-------------------------------------------------

You can jump start the board by tapping the pins you think are the Power On pins with a piece of metal, (screw driver tip, key tip, spoon tip :grin: ), the worst that will happen is the PSU will shut off and you will have to restart it.

Another way is to use a piece of wire to briefly short Pin 14 (green wire) on the 20-pin ATX connector to ground (the metal chasis).

see pictures in post http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=65936

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.