Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello To All ,

I have a friend who had upgraded her desktop from Win 10 from Win 7 , now that Win 7 was a upgrade from Win Vista Pro 64 bit , the desktop is a 2009 model Dell

Now the desktop has major issues

#1 keeps dropping drivers , even in compatibility mode mainly video & sound

#2 freezes during boot , have to do a hard shut down then boots fine

#3 printer issues

#4 drops the internet connection during use , mainly during downloads

The desktop is free from infection thru various scans by several programs , it has F-secure , C-cleaner , Super anti spyware , plus scanned by other programs

What she would like to know is would she be able to get the free upgrade to window 7 after the system disks are used to reformat her system back to Vista

She has passed the time limit on the ability to roll back to the win 7 upgrade from the win 10 upgrade

I don't think that she will but she thinks it will be able to , I am the one that will be doing all the work

The desktop ran awesome with win 7 , no issues what so ever

any advice /help would be awesome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Mastercheifxx17,

When she bought the computer , 4 mnths before Win 7 launched thru Dell it was sold to her with the option to upgrade to Win 7 , she still has the purchase order , don't know if it was free or not

I just know that the reinstall DVD's are for Win Vista Pro 64 bit

6 mnths after Win 7 launched she did an upgrade via download from Microsoft

Now she did the Win 10 free upgrade and the above issues started in the last 2 weeks

She is wondering if that upgrade will still work or will she have to buy a Win7 DVD

Just asking for her

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello ,

I am not sure for her husband is bringing me the desktop & DVD's & all to me tomorrow / Monday the 29th

If she does then is their a way to still download the upgrade files for Win 7

I do know that Microsoft has deleted most of their links for a lot of their software & replaced them with links to upgrade to Win 10

I do a lot of updating for the elderly at my Church , removing simply infections , ect ..

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
5,143 Posts
If you can get the valid key for 7, you can install a clean windows 10 using that key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello ,

This thread can be marked as solved

Win 7 installed & updating

Thanks for the download link , was what I needed

Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.