Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a slave drive (no OS mounted) used a for data storage only
and need to delete files however when I attempt to deleye a file -not all lise are affected - a message "the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable"
shows up. What do I need to do to remove the affected file?

·
Registered
26 Posts
- run windows explorer
- right-click on drive letter of your slave drive
- click Properties...
- click Tools tab
- click Check Now...
- check the automatically fix box
- click start
If you get a message about disk check scheduled, then reboot and wait for check to complete.

If this doesn't help, then repeat procedure, but also check the scan for and attempt recovery of... box. (This will take some time).

If none of the above helps, then it is likely that your hard drive is on the way out. In any case, I'd recommend that you make backups of any data that you have on that drive.

·
Banned
968 Posts
If this doesn't help, then repeat procedure, but also check the scan for and attempt recovery of... box. (This will take some time).
Hi :wave:

If you tick the second box, you don't need the first box as Windows will automatically fix errors on disk with this option enabled.

If this fails, you can check the health of the drive by downloading mhdd and unzipping the file. Then burn the ISO to a CD using imgburn or another image burning software. Then boot from the CD and run tests on the drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.