Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer was working fine with XP up until the motherboard burned out. I replaced it with a similar on (except some Limited Edition version). Since replacing the motherboard, I get this error message (blue screen of death) 3-4 after log in to XP:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A(0x6989004C,0x00000002,0x00000000, 0x8053177B)

I've reinstalled all drivers and checked all hardware. As I was about to give up, I tried to reinstall windows and it told me this (while running the compatibility test):

The following hardware is incompatible:
Cisco Systems VPN 3000

I don't know what that is...never saw it before. It's a physical device in my computer, that's for sure. I tried to look for it under 'Add/Remove Files' and 'Device Manager' and did not find it. Running a Search on it did not turn up anything. I am unable to reinstall windows because of it and I believe it is causing this IRQL stop error.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I.M.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the power cord from the p/s connecting to the motherboard overheated or something. The plastic around the power connector on the motherboard (where the p/s cord connects to) melted and some of the connectors were black.

I tested the hardware by replacing them from another system. Got a new power supply and motherboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.