Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently downloaded a program called hide ip to change my ip address for anonymous browsing. the internet speed then went about 6 times slower and the computer now thinks im in saudi arabia and i cannot access about half the websites which i could before. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'day jazzat135 and Welcome to TSF! :4-clap:
Have you tried doing a system restore to a time prior to installing this program?

To do it, try this:

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Once in here, click on "Restore My computer to an earlier time" > Next > in this screen, on the left hand side you will see a calendar with bold dates; just pick one that is before the time that you installed the troublesome program (there will be notes in the right hand pane telling you what each restore point is and the time/day that it was done); then go next.
The computer will then reboot, after restoring the files to the date that you selected.
Just let it do its own thing, as it will reboot and the desktop will appear without any icons for about 2 minutes (this is normal) before a confirmation screen will appear telling you that your system has been successfully restored to the date you selected...just click Ok.
The Desktop icons will appear and the boot up process will continue..all should now be back before this problem occurred.

Post back with the results and if there are any other queries/concerns.

:wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.