Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out the problem with a friends computer. I'm on a laptop with diskette and cd burning ability with access to both types of storage. I am not sure if the other computer will be able to read them, but it cannot access the net for whatever reason. 'error' message keeps popping up YOUR COMPUTER IF INFECTED WITH SPYWARE! click OK if you wish to remove it! that goes to a black hatz site when clicked. I am trying to figure out how to remove these myself, but would appreciate any advice given, as I suspect rogue spyware programs taking this thing over.

·
Security Team (ret.)
7,403 Posts
Just to be on the safe side.....

Please download HijackThis. It will create a directory folder for you in C\Program files. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help determine what,if any, spyware/malware is on your computer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to be on the safe side.....

Please download HijackThis. It will create a directory folder for you in C\Program files. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help determine what,if any, spyware/malware is on your computer.
You can feel free to delete this post. I just formatted the computer and reinstalled from scratch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.