Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have tried many things to get rid of this Vundo, but of course every time i run Symantec, it says its there, but when i run the Symantec Vundofix it says there isnt one on my computer. I have tried to run Vundofix.exe, and launched in Safe Mode. When asked to put in the two file paths the second one doesnt work "C:\WINDOWS\system32\jjkmp.*" and it says that the file or path can not be found. I really need some help on this, so that HiJackThis will work. The problems i am having on my computer is that a site WinFixer keeps popping up, and my Symantec keeps putting up a notice saying its found a Vundo, which is also annoying, and i have to enable my Symantec.
Any help would be greatfully appreciated. And i dont know how to get my computer log, but if told, can post that too.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
You have a nasty nasty infection on your system :sayno:

Try this, then try posting your HJT log in the security forum.

Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite

· Install Ewido.
· During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
· Launch ewido.
· It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen.
· On the left side of the main screen click update.
· Click on Start and let it update.
· DO NOT run a scan yet.

Restart your computer into Safe Mode now.
(Start tapping the F8 key at Startup, before the Windows logo screen).
Perform the following steps in Safe Mode:

* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK.
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop.

Reboot.

Download and install: HiJackThis.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

IMPORTANT!!!
Create a New Topic and include a fresh HJT log in the HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic.

A Moderator/ Security Team Analyst will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.