Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning:

I am having all kinds of problems getting my IDE drives to work properly on my K8Vse board. I have a SATA WD drive that is running off of the SATA ports (VIA ports, but not the ones designated for the SATA raid). This drive is my primary. I also have two PATA drives that are running in mirror (raid 1) on my promise controller. Here is my problem. When I enable the promise controller in the bios, it removes my option to boot to the sata drive in the boot order. When I go to try to add it back in the boot order list, it is not listed anymore, the only thing listed is my cd rom, the promise controller (with 2 pata raid 1 drives, which have no os on them) and a floppy. If I disable the promise controller in the bios, then it finds the sata drive fine. This is in bios revision 1007. I have flashed to 1006, and even 1003, and this does not fix it. I do have sata bootrom enabled as well in the bios. Any help would be appreciated.

PS this config was working fine, for about 9 months, then one day is stated no OS found. The sata drive is not bad, because if I disable the promise controller, the drive boots to the OS fine

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.