Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already installed my P4 630 on my ASUS P5RD1-V Mobo, now I am installing my "Thermaltake Silent775" heatsink/fan, but I don't know what the safety plate on the bottom of it is for. It looks like if it will obstruct the flat copper surface from laying flat on top of the cpu. It came with no instructions and the Thermaltake website does not even list any instructions for it. Can't find anything on the net about it. Just want to make sure before I do it.

Does the safety plate on the bottom stay on or get removed?

Link to view the safety plate

Thanks for any help.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
Hi Brandon,
The safety plate goes on the underside of the mobo, align it with the 4 retention holes that are by the cpu socket. There should be some thermal paste with the kit as well, (if not I suggest you buy it, artic silver 5 is good) Application Instructions for Intel P4 AMD64 Thermal Compound. Then fit the heatsink and tighten the screws down into the safety plate in small increments-one turn per screw, working your way around till it's a snug fit.

just a reminder, never apply power without the heatsink firmly clamped down, as it only takes a few seconds for an unprotected cpu to fry itself.

Let us know how your making out with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.