Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my laptop is about 10 years old and when i turn it in it says "insert system disk to continue press any key to continue" but i tryed to install windows xp and windows 2000 and it says "cannot dectect and harddrives" how do i fix it i don't have to money to fix it what should i do? :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno

·
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit
1,584 Posts
littshepkid02 said:
my laptop is about 10 years old and when i turn it in it says "insert system disk to continue press any key to continue" but i tryed to install windows xp and windows 2000 and it says "cannot dectect and harddrives" how do i fix it i don't have to money to fix it what should i do? :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno :4-dontkno
Were you ever able to run windows 2000 or xp? These seem to be way to big of operating systems to run on a 10 year old laptop. How big is you hard drive?

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i don't really know but it ran on 98 so it is probly supre slow harddrive crased so it thinnk it is over.............

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
If it's about 10 years old then it's likely a 1st generation Pentium I running at 66-100Mhz. It could maybe run 2K but not very well.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said before i tryed to install 2000/xp but it says "windows cannot continue because cannot detect any hardrives make sure they are cinnected"

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
littshepkid02 said:
like i said before i tryed to install 2000/xp but it says "windows cannot continue because cannot detect any hardrives make sure they are cinnected"

what is being said is that 2000/xp will never run on it.

i would stop trying to install 2000 or xp, and try to put 98 back on it.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Gah, why did I ask about SATA? Brain fart! I'm with Walt on this one, 2K and XP would murder that poor computer. 95 and 98 would play nicely.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
You do not need a floppy drive to install Win98. A legit Win98 install disk is a bootible CD. You may need to go into the BIOS and make sure the CD is the first boot device.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.