Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new to this so please go easy. :)
Anyways, i bought a new computer from ibuypower(i know haha) i customized it and i forgot to buy a operating system so i went out and bought one(window 7). It all started working and then it came to this problem. It could not find my hard drive. My hard drive is HITACHI 1T 16MB SATA-2. Ive been spending DAYS trying to find a solution. All i get is a blank, no driver showing. I tried my different hard drive and it showed! I know there is nothing wrong with my NEW (hitachi) hard drive because it shows in BIO. I can't find this hard drive, Window 7 cant locate my hard drive. Please this is deperate measure. I want to get this computer working. Errors i get is " A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." <Browse> <OK> <Cancel>. :(

Please reply!
I'm looking foward to your replies.
Please so step by step, i am fairly new to computers but I can understand it.
Suggestions?
Ive seen many people with this problem, i just need clearing things out 1 on 1. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
On one hand you say that it was working, then you say that it's not seeing the drive? When is the issue coming up? If it's when you're installing windows, then there might be an issue with the sata controller drivers and the OS, although that's very infrequent with Windows 7. If it happens after you've installed window and then added another drive, that's a different issue all together. If it's the latter issue, then you need to go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management, and from there see if there's a drive there. It might need to be initialized and then formatted to be ready for use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.