Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been having trouble with my modem for a while and it seems to be getting worse. i have an hp with xp home edition and all updates. i have a scientific atlanta modem that came from charter. it is about five years old.model #dpx110. i have cable internet. for a while now about every two weeks i would have to unplug the power from the modem to get on line, this wasnt too bad but now for the last week or two its every time i turn it on i have to unplug sometimes four or five times to get on line. after it connects it seems to be ok until i shut down and then its the same old plug up routine all over again. im not real computer savvy but i would like someones input on this and maybe i can get it to work right .ive just about wore the rubber off the plug from doing this, ha ha. thanks, Diehard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kinda thought about that but didnt know if they would wear out or not. would you have any suggestions or would another one from charter do just as well? i dont know if they replace them or not, will have my wife call and see what they will do. i dont know if it would make any difference but i am going to upgrade my ram a little bit in the near future. would this cause any changes in the type of modem i get? thanks Diehard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we were renting the modem from charter but after sudden link took over theyre not putting it on the bill now. i will have my wife call them the first day she gets off work early.if they are going to charge for a new one i think i will just buy it outright, seems it would be cheaper in the long run. Diehard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new modem installed yesterday, its doing great so far. i bought an ambit from charter. hope it lasts five years like the last one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.