Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

whenever i boot up my computer a file appears on my desktop to be downloaded. It has the URL: file://C:\WINDOWS\system32\1.tmp

even when i download it the file reappears whenever i start my computer up again. Does anyone know how i can delete or get rid of this annoying file?

cheers

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,365 Posts
Here's one thing you could try. Click Start>Run then type in msconfig and click OK. Go to the Startup tab at the right and click it. Look for the file c:\windows\system32\1.tmp and if it's there uncheck it and click apply, then OK. Restart your computer and see if the problem is still there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello and thanks 4 the reply,

i tried that but it comes up with the message "an access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes".

any ideas on how to log on to an administrator account?

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,365 Posts
Is this a shared computer? If so, you need to get the person who has administrator rights to sort the problem out. If not, then you should have administrator rights. In this case, and for some reason you haven't set up yourself as administrator, try logging in in Safe Mode and selecting Administrator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.