Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a new Chaintech 6600 GT and i've just fixed my PC up again and when i install the new drivers and restart the PC i get the error that is below -also my PC even goes into stand-by mode.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 3000+
512MB of DDR RAM
Geforce 6600 GT 128MB

Operating System: Windows XP

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent any damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:nv4_disp.dll

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware ir software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowning. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F to select Advanced setup option, and select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE249ADC0, 0x00000001, 0xBFB25EA5, 0x00000001)

***nv4_disp.dll - Adress BFB25EA5 base at BF9B8000, Dalestamp 415C782f

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

Also, one more problem; Basically, my screen is very pixelated and even when it boots up, the screens has white pixelated squares that even distort the writing and make things look bad. Also when i was formatted the hard drive, the numbers came up in letters instead of the actual number (i.e. 25% done will be like wT%).

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
If you didn't uninstall the drivers from your previous vid card, then do so. Uninstall the drivers for the 6600 and reinstall them after....you may also want to look at Nvidia's site and make sure you are using the latest version 77.77 if I'm not mistaken. If it continues, it is possible that your psu is not up to the task

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My PC was just formatted when i was doing this. I've just formatted again to see if the problem still exists, i'll let you know. More help would be appreciated from anyone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could you tell me the details of your PSU, wattage and the amps on +12v rail.
also make sure you have connected the 4-pin molex power connector if you needed to (you'll see, there's a connector like on hard disks)

Stephen

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the PSU sorry? The power is 230V and 500W. The power is connected to the graphics card and so on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
PSU is power suppy unit :wink:

The wattage is absolutely fine, but the amps are very important!

It should say it in a table on the back

+2.5v.........+12v
?A.............?A

It should be atleast 18 really. (to be safe)

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StephenR said:
PSU is power suppy unit :wink:

The wattage is absolutely fine, but the amps are very important!

It should say it in a table on the back

+2.5v.........+12v
?A.............?A

It should be atleast 18 really.
+3.3V.......+12V
28A..........17A

·
Registered
52 Posts
ok sorry i can't help you any more, 17A is fine too :wink:, I'm fine with 17A and a 6800 (details in sig)

I don't know what else could be causing it.

A few tips if you really have no idea what to do:

-use power cable not connected to anything else
-clean the connector that goes into the slot (agp slot, gold bit at bottom) with high percentage alcohol
-make sure that the fan on the card is running, if not, check power for fan, if connected and not running, then perhaps send in for replacment

dunno anything else at the moment, good luck and perhaps I'll get another idea tomorrow :wink:

Hope you get some good replies,

Stephen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.