Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do not try to use Win 98. It does not run on P4 greater than 2.1Ghz.

There is a way to go back to the first BIOS that came with the board. I have a PSS8X and it is not in my book. I think I got it from the ASUS site. You have to disconnect the battery and change a jumper for a few seconds, then put the jumper and battery back and the BIOS should be the same as when you first got it.

I intstalled Win XP after I changed the BIOS to boot from IDE CD drive first. It did not work the first time but I tried again and it worked.

The whole process is flackey. Flackey is American slang for
bulls#!t. The documentation is often wrong and nothing works as simple as the instuctions say. In othe words bulls#!t.

Good luck, some others that have more experience here will help you soon I am sure.

J Sullivan

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found the part we talked about in my P4S8X book. It does not set BIOS back, it clears CMOS of Date, Time password and set up settings. It was the CLRTC jumper a small blue rectangle with two holes in the bottom.

You have to install BIOS the BIOS you downloaded should be OK. If it doesn't work something else is bad. Make sure the BIOS downloaded is not named: Beta - that version is a test, trial version.

Could anyone else help here, I am a begginner too.

Thanks,
Jim S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.