·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
Ca 1 week ago I buyed one ASUS motherboard and a whole new pc
hardware. Here it is:

Here is the motherboard:
1 ASP4B533 (ASUS P4B533 i845E 1AGP 6PCI 3DDR-DIMM Audio Socket478 ATX)

And the rest:
1 P4S478N53-24R (Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4GHz 512Kb 533MHz Boxed (with
cpu-cooler!) Socket 478)

1 512DDR266ORG (Original 512Mb DDR PC2100/DDR266 184pin 266MHz cas2.5

1 180GXP120 (IBM Deskstar 180GXP 120Gb 7200rpm 2Mb UDMA100 IDE)

1 FL144 (Standard 1.44Mb 3.5" floppy white)

1 LGE52 (LG Electronics 52X CD-ROM bulk IDE)

1 CRE51LIVE (Creative SoundBlaster Live! Player 5.1 bulk PCI)

1 NICPCI100 (Standard 10/100Mbit TP RJ45 Retail PCI)

1 LGECDBLF (Black front for LG Electronics CD-ROM)

OK i built the computer and got nothing wrong. But when I came to the BIOS update the prblems came. I found the newest (1013.AWD) and updated. But when I tried to install
Windows XP there came errors and corrupted files..
Whit Win 98 after loading the boot-disk there just came some text and then nothing happened. The same problem whit Win NT and 2000 boot disks. ( just stands the one who made the driver ans so on).
I have tried some of the older drivers to no use… The pc just wont install an OS.

Have some questions and hope someone can help me solv this problem:

Question 1: when I has used ASUS EZ Flash . Is there a way to delete the update ??
so that I can try whit out updating ( worked for a friend of mine)..

2: Is there something other you can think of beeing the problem..??

Hope this can be resolved easy and fast ( its a local computer gathering in 1 week, and it must work till then !
:confused: :no:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do not try to use Win 98. It does not run on P4 greater than 2.1Ghz.

There is a way to go back to the first BIOS that came with the board. I have a PSS8X and it is not in my book. I think I got it from the ASUS site. You have to disconnect the battery and change a jumper for a few seconds, then put the jumper and battery back and the BIOS should be the same as when you first got it.

I intstalled Win XP after I changed the BIOS to boot from IDE CD drive first. It did not work the first time but I tried again and it worked.

The whole process is flackey. Flackey is American slang for
bulls#!t. The documentation is often wrong and nothing works as simple as the instuctions say. In othe words bulls#!t.

Good luck, some others that have more experience here will help you soon I am sure.

J Sullivan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, but I tryed to go bacl to the first Bios whit that jumper thing,, found it in the "help book" or something.
never done it before, but afterwards the same version was there still..
Thats the only thing I know who could be wrong..
I have tryed many things.. tryed to change ram slot ( a friend said it maybe could help).
But worst is that when I install a older BIOS update it commes BIOS update incorrect, when I turn on the computer rigth after the asus logo.
That jumper.. is it the blue little thing called "jumpercap" ?
or can a jumper also be a switch ?
The jumper I tried stod in the "help book", but as I said nothing happened. but I can have done it wrong.

PS: Hope all understand my bad english ;p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And asus are not good whit their help informations ..If I must make a call thay dont have a norwegian phone ..
Their Forum is never up and kicking..
And their Faqs are not good updated :(

AsusP4B533 grr only auses problems ..
I thought that whit my new pc the Computer gathering this year would be nice. but now I tryed in a week to install *whine*
OS and every time failure :( *whining some more*
:no:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found the part we talked about in my P4S8X book. It does not set BIOS back, it clears CMOS of Date, Time password and set up settings. It was the CLRTC jumper a small blue rectangle with two holes in the bottom.

You have to install BIOS the BIOS you downloaded should be OK. If it doesn't work something else is bad. Make sure the BIOS downloaded is not named: Beta - that version is a test, trial version.

Could anyone else help here, I am a begginner too.

Thanks,
Jim S

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes some other help out here to. that would be nice ;)
But sullivan, what else could be wrong there ??
its only the bios,hdd and cdrom it could be, but both cdrom and hdd are registerd in bios and seeming function good..
So its only the bios left..
I boot up XP drivers with out a problem.
but when it copying the files it must write to the disk, I get the
message *file corrupt* or something..
Dont see how this could be cdrom or hdd ?

waiting for reply ;P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.