Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have connected my sons hard drive as a slave drive onto my computor. I want to move the iTunes songs from his to mine. I open iTunes and choose import, then I go into his drive and click the iTunes, however all I get are .txt, .m3u, and configuration files. Where are the songs??

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Are the songs hidden?

Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab > 'show hidden files and folders'

·
Registered
610 Posts
Most likely the songs are in his My Music folder, in the itunes folder. If you dont see much there, follow koala's instructions to show hidden folders and then keep looking.

You could also open itunes on your sons computer and go to Edit, Preferences, Advanced tab, General sub-tab, you will see a box that says itunes music folder location that shows the location of the music. If the check box isnt checked that says "Copy music to itunes music folder when added to library" the songs will be located in a different location. To find that location you need to right click on a song in the itunes library, click get info, and at the bottom where it says "where:" will show you where the song is located. You may not be able to do this since i assume you arent able to access the drive unless its slaved to your computer, im pretty sure you need to run itunes when its as the master drive on your sons computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.