Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My previous PC used XP home edition, and I bought a new PC yesterday, and gave away my old PC after putting my old HDD in my new PC.

The new PC uses XP Pro. I could access my old hard drive, but the problem is that I cannot acces the Documents folder. I had a password protected account in XP Home.

Everytime I try to open the folder, it says permission denied, and I don't see an option to enter a password anywhere. A lot of the files I need are in that folder, and I need to import my favorites as well. I can't do anything due to being unable to access the folder.

Is there any way to access it? I do remember the username and password, but where do I enter it? Or is there another way to regain the files?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm signed in as admin in XP Pro. One thing I forgot to mention, is that I cannot boot from the HDD with XP HOME, it simply restarts (all the new hardware). So I need to access the folder from within XP Pro.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well you have the XP home on as slave and it should just see as another hard drive but if your having problems with permissions the you have to take ownership of that file to take full control of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.