Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a small network in my home (3 computers all running XP SP2). Two are personal laptops, and one is a shared computer. On the shared computer, I have set up user accounts, locked down my admin login both in normal and safe mode, and set a BIOS Admin password. The network is being fed the internet via cable broadband.

One of my user accounts is for a 15 year old. He does not have his account password, in order to limit access to the account when an adult is not home. However, I would like to set a password for the internet to keep him from accessing the internet when logged into his accout.

I suppose I could simply log into the router, and kill internet to the shared computer, but I'd like to be able to limit user access via password.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't see how you can without installing a program locally on the shared computer, and even if you did that, what's stopping him from tampering with it. Your best bet would be to use the router to block port 80 for that computer when you aren't around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.