Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue what's wrong with my computer :( :(
Specs.
Power Supply: X3 800W
Motherboard: ASUS M3A32 MVP (Deluxe wifi edition)
Video Card: e-Geforce 8800GTS
RAM: 4G Corsair
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core

okay with that said my computer should run every game with perfection
I play counter-strike and it runs like ****, my fps drops anywhere from 100 to 20fps...if you know about counter-strike i should have 100 fps constant standing in x5 smokes easy,
the more people in a server the worse it runs. 1 time i took my computer completely apart cleaned everything and made sure all connections were secure and it ran the game decent enough to play but that was short-lived it went back to its old ways, so i tried taking it apart again, but this time no luck. I have been playing counter-strike for 7 years so i am 100% positive its a hardware problem and not a problem with the game. I also play an online golf game and it runs it okay but my old computer ran it better and there is no way that should happen. any ideas why my computer runs like ****?
I don't know any other way to explain what's wrong i hope this explanation helps!

· Registered
1,470 Posts
is that the Ultra X3 power supply?

I second the video card as being the problem.

Could be something else but you have an nVidia card in a ATI CrossFire motherboard. They should work together but sometimes they don't. I would look for a newer update to your video drivers and if there isn't any (or they don't fix the problem) start looking for older versions. I've seen many problems go away with the right drivers, and they are not always the newest ones. Best bet would be to get an ATI 4850/4870.

Pauldo

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its the Ultra X3 power supply
& yes i have tried a different video card, i put my old 7600 in and it ran a little better but still basically the same thing cant hold fps

· Registered
1,470 Posts
You can enter the BIOS when you first boot up. Typically it is the Delete key but there are a lot of variations depending on your computer. The first screen that comes up on first boot will tell you what key to press.

You can also download Speedfan, see my sig, which will give you an idea of what those values are.

Pauldo

· Premium Member
4,503 Posts
You can enter the BIOS when you first boot up. Typically it is the Delete key but there are a lot of variations depending on your computer. The first screen that comes up on first boot will tell you what key to press.

You can also download Speedfan, see my sig, which will give you an idea of what those values are.

Pauldo
but arent as guaranteed as what BIOS would report.

I second both power stability and driver mismatches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.