Discussion Starter · #1 ·
computer equipments:
gigabyte MB, mdel 8IEX.. yep.. NOT 8IEXHP
512 DDR RAM
video card: Geforce 4 Ti4400 with VIVO, 128RAM
Pentium 4 2.2 GHz
HD: Maxtor ATA133 60Gb

my qeustion is....
why does my comp can't even run 3dsmax? and CANNOT EVEN RUN TOMB RAIDER II!?!?!?
and when i play CS... (odd eh? can't run TR2, but can run CS) everything is fine... and in the control panel, in my monitor setting... it says geforce 4 ti4400 video card is workin properly... but how come it can't run 3dsmax?

also.... is it just me or is icq2002a takin ALOT of resource? it always takes about 30% of my comp resource away... =((

and another problem is that why is my comp always choppy when i'm doing file downloads? all these above problems never occurred while i was using win2000....

btw i installed win98 on my own... while the previous win2000 was done by some computer technician....
is there a driver i installed wrong? or i installed too many useless drivers? plz help me~ thanx in advance guys~:confused:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did you remove the drivers for the old video card before finished installing the new card. Did you just install Windows 98 over the copy of Win2k, or did you format first? What do you mean that Tomb Raider 2 or 3D Studio Max doesn't work.... do you get an error, does it bump you back to desktop? Do you have the latest drivers for Win98 and the vid card?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhm... ok... i've found out sth now....
1. the 3dsmax didn't run cuz i just noticed that the program is not compatible with win98 or earlier....
so the 3dmax problem is fixed....
2nd. i formatted my HD before i installed win98
3rd thing is... i'm not sure if i removed the old driver for the video card... cuz i basically just let win98 did all the driver setup... so i guess it used its "default" driver... for the monitor (viewsonic)
and then i just downloaded the new driver from Nvidia... and just COVERED the old driver with the new one...

lastly... i don't get an error msg while playin Tomb Raider... but it's EXTRAORDINARILY slow.... as if there was no video card there... but the thing is... in the control panel it says my monitor is operating on the Geforce video card with the right model name~~

can anyone tell me wut the problem might be? is it becuz there's a conflict btwn the new and old drivers? (but i thought the default driver would be removed onced a new one is installed)

thanx guys~

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
is it all games or just tomb radier....check for tomb radier patches...I know Half life need a patch for every video card you used...and I belive (if I am wrong check back the right answer will appear) under options see if you can turn off open GL or change the 3d acceleration from hardware to software...

any luck:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.