Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get a new mobo and cpu(s). First off im and amd man, now I was looking for a mobo that supports dual XP cpu's but I can't seem to find a board that does that. Anyone have one or know where to puchase one? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Found a few dual MP boards, no XP's yet. I'm checking with a guru to see if one exists- be back shortly with a report.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I saw Tyan makes the ThunderK7 board which supports the MP's but no Xp's :p

If there not out yet, what would be the best singal cpu set up for a 2.0 Ghz. I was thinking the MSI board with the KT333 chip set.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
there are plenty of dual MP processor, since as the name implies they are designed for multiple processors...I know a guy who knows a guy ( gotta love those kind of relationships) who makes custom boards, so if your really serious about this it probably can be done, but it'll be costly...but anyway good choice on the AMD!

·
Registered
852 Posts
The XP might not be a SMP capable chip. Of course that's what Intel said about the celeron socket 370's, then Abit comes out with the BP6. It was kind of an "Oh yeah?" to intel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a MSI the KT3 Ultra-ARU (MS-6380E) on order and a AMD XP 1800+ with 512 DDR PC2700, at 333Mgz. Can't wait to get in it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.