Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P4 2.4

This is my problem

I turn on my PC and the monitor just wont respond, it is like its on standby mode. I dont know what the problem can be, I know the PC works, becuase one time, the monitor responded and the computer was working fine. Then my PC got stuck so I turn it off from the back, and now again the monitor wont respond.

whats the problem, is it the monitor ? the monitor cable ? video card ? maybe something else ?

Please help if you can. Thanks

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

Yep, it could be a bunch of those things, but first, I would clear CMOS on this board and see what happens if it was working before the sudden electrical shut down. That can cause the BIOS to become corrupted at times..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tumbleweed36 said:
Hi,

Yep, it could be a bunch of those things, but first, I would clear CMOS on this board and see what happens if it was working before the sudden electrical shut down. That can cause the BIOS to become corrupted at times..
How would I go about doing that ? Please explain in detail.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
There are two ways: shhorting the BIOS reset pins and removing the CMOS battery. The easiest is removing the battery. Disconnect all power from the system and open the case. Look for a round button-cell battery and remove that. Keep it out for 30-60 seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.