Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been having problems with my computer for a few years now. Those problems are that my settings are being changed for ANY program I'm using without my knowledge.

I think I have a RAT on my computer, and I am unable to remove it myself. I tried scanning for viruses with my AV, no results.

Please help me, this is driving me insane.

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,049 Posts
Can't access the files on the links you have posted.

Can't access Zippyshare website either, could be a problem with the site.

Please try a different file sharing host.

·
1,049 Posts
Not for me it isn't, and since I'm the one you need to be able to look over your logs, then that's a problem you need to resolve, and the easiest way to resolve it is to use a different hosting site.

·
1,049 Posts
Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, so you will no longer be able to patch it against vulnerabilities.

To put it simply ..... you cannot make this machine secure, and the best advice I can give you is to either upgrade to Windows 10, or if that does not appeal, then move to another supported OS like Linux.

I certainly don't think it's worth time cleaning up your machine as it stands, because since it's no longer being updated, then in a very short time it's going to get compromised again.

·
1,049 Posts
Once I'd seen that you were using W7 I didn't bother looking any further, because as I said, you cannot secure W7, and IMO you should not be going online with a machine with an unsupported OS.

I'm not about to spend hours researching entries from an unsupported machine, because it's a waste of both my time and yours fixing something that cannot be secured.

I appreciate that this is not what you want to hear, but you really do need to upgrade your OS to one that is supported.

A clean install of a supported OS will remove any infections, and any modifications that might have been made to your machine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.