Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my intergrated graphics card is messed up and it doesn't run almost everything... do you guys know of any good ones that aren't too $$.. but i need one that can play hi res games such as halo, mw4 and total war and look pretty good and not like a cheap 16 bit thing.. i have a radeon 9600 for my laptop and that is sweet enough for me... but i don't understand all those numbers at the end of video cards... do you know of any good ones?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Gotta tell us your price range man, I will still recommend the 9800 pro for people who want to save a buck.. but its still well over $100.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Go for a 6600Gt if you have the bucks, real good card real good value, can't go wrong!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
liquidice327 said:
my intergrated graphics card is messed up and it doesn't run almost everything... do you guys know of any good ones that aren't too $$.. but i need one that can play hi res games such as halo, mw4 and total war and look pretty good and not like a cheap 16 bit thing.. i have a radeon 9600 for my laptop and that is sweet enough for me... but i don't understand all those numbers at the end of video cards... do you know of any good ones?
Here is a chart from NEWEGG that show the Vidio chip set
6600gt

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, so this is basically a war between radeon and geforce fans? which do you think is the better deal/card?

btw the price you guys are looking at is fine.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
liquidice327 said:
okay, so this is basically a war between radeon and geforce fans? which do you think is the better deal/card?

btw the price you guys are looking at is fine.
Not at all some prefer the ATI's and some Nvidia. Like Intel and AMD,
it comes down to personal preferance. The last ATI I had added 2 min to my boot time (9250 256mg AGP 8X) But I have also had some geforces that were crap to.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nope, I don't really like ATI very much, I have a 6800gt. But for a budget card, you can't deny 9800 pro has the best performance/reliability/support when compared to price. But if you are ok with spending more by all means get something nicer :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
myquitehead said:
Nope, I don't really like ATI very much, I have a 6800gt. But for a budget card, you can't deny 9800 pro has the best performance/reliability/support when compared to price. But if you are ok with spending more by all means get something nicer :)
I would have to disagree with you there, the 6600GT at this point is a much more worthy of a purchase than a 9800 Pro.
Also, you guys have to remember both ATI and Nvidia make great products and drivers now. To choose one company even though the other one has a superior product is just plain dumb.
Please give us more details, I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
572 Posts
OH my I just looked online, and I had no idea how much the 6600 price had dropped, lol. But ATI drivers are STILL superior to nvidia... I've had plenty of 'small' problems with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.