Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently my Compaq Presario 5730AP's power just went dead, and it seems to be the power supply unit burned out for the 3rd time. So upon deciding that replacing the same thing is being too expensive this time round, i bought a 350W AOpen PSU, and fixed it up but it just wouldn't turn on, all i noticed was there's light to the optical mouse. I tried reconnecting the cables but seems like nothing had changed.

So i am not sure if it's the Compaq motherboard is dead (which i don't know how to tell) or the power supply unit is not compatible?

My pc is a P4, 1.8GHz, 256mb memory with 64mb NVIDIA Geforce 2

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
i think you will find you need a compaq wired supply and cannot just drop in one off the shelf
if you don't want to buy from them ask where you buy it for one with a compaq wired plug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, dai, thanks for the suggestion, anyway, i have checked with the storekeeper for the psu, and even brought the old one along to let him have a look if it's compatible. And he told me there shouldn't be any problem at all. He said it's probably the motherboard down, i guess i will bring the pc down to let him have a look.

But i am just curious on how do i check if a motherboard is spoilt? The storekeeper taught me to check if there's any yellowish kind of burned out marks on the chips and see if the batteries are abnormal from the good motherboard he shown me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.