Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I will explain shortly my PC. I have two hard drives. One primary 230 GB and the other slave one 20 GB. Today when I woke up I just had the weirdest thing happen in the world. I put on the PC and it wouldnt boot! It worked perfectly well last night and no one else touched it. I can access this drive when I boot from the slave disk but I cannot boot from it. I need some files that I have in My Documents folder in the primary disk but I cannot access them as it says access denied.
How do I boot from the primary disk?
Someone please help me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran chekc disk earlier today but it didnt help either, I tried after to boot from the primary disk but it gets stuck just when : 'verifying DMI pool data' appears on the screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am affraid I dont know what is the name of my hard disk. where can I download such a utility? And how can I run it in the hard disk when it's not booting (now I am in the other hard disk)

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
d/l the maxtor one it usually runs on anything,you d/l the dos version and put it on a floppy and then boot the computer with it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only have a Floppy A: which doesn't work, I have a CD writer and a USB flash, could they help me in this case?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi back guys,
Sorry if I am being impatient tonight I don't wanna make a mess around the forum, it's just that I can't calm down. Is the floppy disk a MUST.. or is there another way to solve this frustrating booting problem.
Thanks.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
yur really hurting yourself by not getting a floppy drive / they are dirt cheap easy to install and invaluable for running emergency disks, bios disks, diagnostic disks

for a long time everyone talked of the death of the floppy drive / but they will have to pry mine out of my fingers to get it away / i may not use it for 6 months at a time / but its like my favorite pillow !!

goodluck

joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.