Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I legally own all the cds I want to back up...I've had problems with Cd-roms in the past "get broke...etc.."question is...is there any image mounting device that will boot from the boot screen and still read Images from the Hard Disk itself incase I no longer have the cd or cd roms wont work.....can I make a separate Partition for my backups and my question is mainly towards Windows I have a backup copy of my Windows XP Recovery disk and I was wounering if something were to happen to my disk & or CD Drives If I could reinstall XP by using a program to run the Backup Image that is on the separate Partition and have it act as an actual CD rom when it ask to incert the XP recovery CD when I get to the boot screen to continue installation of Windows?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kind of..basically I have Windows XP home and I bought XP Pro Upgrade and like if my cds get damaged or the CD drives become messed up I want to be able to reinstall XP Home and Upgrade to Pro but without any cd roms and I cant make too much of a Partition....just like the Images of the CD's in ISO format and I want to have a program on a separate partition with those cd ISO backups that will run the ISO as a CD Image but also be able to act as a CD drive and runs even when the pc restarts and boots up"You know like when you pop in the XP CD and it auto plays with the thing that pops up and you click Install Windows XP and you click it and it restarts your PC and tries to install it but then it ask for the CD if it's not in the CD Drive or it says press any button to boot from CD"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.