Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Honda GX 630 (15 hours) Starts runs between 5 to 30 seconds, boggs, and dies. The engine seems to seize, and when it cools down, I can turn it over again. The spark plugs are white. It ran fine yesterday and the days prior. The only difference today is that I filled the tank at a gas station this morning. I initially thought oil pump, but seeing how it is mechanically driven, the newness of the motor, and no one else on the internet has had a problem with the forced oil injection system, I find it hard to believe. When this happens, I have immediately taken the spark plugs out and sprayed the cylinders with penetrating oil to try to make sure it is lubricated. After a little while, using the nut on the flywheel, I can turn the crankshaft, and everything sounds fine (no strange clicking grinding, etc.) Put the spark plugs in, and it starts then bawooooooooo dies and locks up. Bad gas, inadequate venting since the tank is full, it wouldn't take long for that; any other ideas for when I go to try and work tomorrow?

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,595 Posts
Take it back, its defective, but before you do chect the air filter and make sure they took the plastic wrap off it.........( You' be surprised, how many peopel are that stupid)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts