Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue I was hoping someone could help me with. I am able to successfully connect to my company's VPN and perform almost all actions I need to (check email, access applications, etc.). However, when I try to access any of my drives mapped to company servers, I get the message "Local device name is already in use" and then my VPN connection drops. I have also tried accessing these servers by typing in \\servername\share, but that didn't work either. When I disconnect my laptop from my D-Link router and connect directly to my Westell modem, this problem does not occur and everything works fine. I have also connected to my company's VPN on via other networks (on wireless hotel networks, for example), and everything works fine.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I may try?

Also, as part of my research, I read somewhere (dslreports.com) that the Westell "modem" supplied by BellSouth is actually a router itself and that it should be set to "bridged ethernet" to work properly with the D-Link router. However, with my Westell in PPPoE mode, I have not previously experienced any issues with my computers hooked to the router.

Please see my network details below.

Details:
router: D-Link DI-624
modem: Westell WireSpeed
ISP: BellSouth
PC setup: laptop with Win XP Professional connected to router (in port 3) by cat 5 cable. Windows firewall is off.
VPN Client: Nortel Contivity

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.