Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Problem: Almost every game I'm playing crashes to desktop, sometimes freeze for few seconds, once or two times i got system restart. All this happen only when i'm in games, not on boot, watching video or listening audio, not when i'm browsing web or just pc is idle (not like in these threads here or here).
My system:
ASRock M3A770DE
AMD Phenom ii x6 1055t 2.8GHz
Radeon HD5850 Twin Frozr ii 1GB
GeiL 2x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz
few hdd and cd/dvd-rw
and Powercool 650W psu Bought this psu because it was cheap. Did'nt know that that can cause a problem (my first system). And Psu calculator showed that i'll be ok with 500-550w i thought that 650 will be good.
Wanna know is this really psu fault. If this is psu fault I wanted to ask about Seventeam Psu's. Are they good. In some sites found that they are really good. Im thinking about buying this if you confirm that it is likely psu fault.
Thank you!

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
You basically answered your question here: *Powercool 650W psu Bought this psu because it was cheap.*
650W is OK, 750W would be better, for a 5850 but you need a good quality PSU. SeaSonic-Corsair-XFX.
Looking at the site you linked to for the Powercool 650W I do not see any good quality PSU's listed.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Both are high quality units made by SeaSonic so you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yesterday installed my new Corsair. Still have crashes. All ready opened thread in BSOD, crashes section. Any way, Thank you guys! At least now I have good psu :)

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What are the Error Codes you see on the BSOD?
My first suspect would be the Geil RAM. I've seen countless issues with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.