Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first of all let me just say I am SOOOO glad that I found this place. Lots of knowledgeable people and wonderful board. Now my question. I have a computer that is running win 98 and I am needing to have win 98se for a particular pice of hardware that I am running. Now I would like to do this the easiest, and cheapest way possible. A friend of mine gave me his oem win 98se cd that he didn't use with his computer, but I am understanding that I would have to reformatt the entore hd in order for this to work. Now the win 98se upgrades are looking to be very, very expensive. Is there anywhere that anyone knows that has decent prices on win 98se upgrade(which is what I think I need). If I don't need this please tell me what I do need:( I would appreciate all help. By the way the comp is a no name built by a company named GOBI. I just find it hard to believe that I should pay 75-150 dollars for software that is almost 5 years old. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I found that place, but they are on backorder. I wonder if I called microsoft if they would be able to sell it to me. I will give them a call on Monday. Now, do I need the win98se UPDATE, or the Win 98se UPGRADE to go from Win 98 to Win98se??

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Either the UPDATE or the UPGRADE will do it, but the UPDATE is the cheap one, or at least it was three or four years ago. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.