Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,485 Posts
Can anyone clarify these issues for me?
Your device and its OS are too old and no longer compatible with or supported by the current version of the app you're looking for. This is the normal life cycle of any device and software. It isn't nonsense or untrue, unless you're the developer of said app to claim so! I doubt you will find any system/firmware update for that phone, so don't hold your breath. Bottom line remains, you need a device that runs a supported OS to continue using the latest version of apps. This will eventually get too old and the cycle continues!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your device and its OS are too old and no longer compatible with or supported by the current version of the app you're looking for. This is the normal life cycle of any device and software. It isn't nonsense or untrue, unless you're the developer of said app to claim so! I doubt you will find any system/firmware update for that phone, so don't hold your breath. Bottom line remains, you need a device that runs a supported OS to continue using the latest version of apps. This will eventually get too old and the cycle continues!
That was helpful. So to clarify you're saying that the developer is lying if...?
And my 8gb device memory and 14 gb sd card will never be enough? Again, my impression is that every time apps need to be updated they are fatter (more mbs) and take up more and more room. So ultimately, while my phone and battery work fine, this is the age of apps and if I can't get all the apps I need and/or I constantly have problems updating them, I need to get a whole new phone with lots of memory. But again, what's a good amount these days?

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,485 Posts
So to clarify you're saying that the developer is lying if...?
Am I?

And my 8gb device memory and 14 gb sd card will never be enough?
Never heard of or seen a 14GB card! Regardless, internal storage capacity matters more. They won't always be enough, as you've just experienced. How much of that 8GB is already in use by the system (OS)? A lot, leaving you with even less for apps and updates. Some apps cannot be moved to or installed on external storage.

Again, my impression is that every time apps need to be updated they are fatter (more mbs) and take up more and more room. So ultimately, while my phone and battery work fine, this is the age of apps and if I can't get all the apps I need and/or I constantly have problems updating them, I need to get a whole new phone with lots of memory. But again, what's a good amount these days?
Anything less than 32GB is a no-no for me. Embedded storage is increasing in capacity and reducing in cost every year, so do storage requirements of today. Android alone, will easily occupy 10GB today, leaving you with about 22GB on a 32GB device. That's plenty for apps and system updates, but can easily become insufficient once you start saving media files too. Get as much storage space as your money can buy you.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.